Surveyors require a suite of tools that must be both powerful and easy to use. Typical tasks include:
- Loading survery data from standard formats
- Layout lots and quickly write legal descriptions
- Build surfaces and generate contours
- Import Esri SHP files
- Generate profiles and cross-sections
- Create a preliminary grading plan
- Calculate cut and fill volumes
What if you could do all of this and much more for an investment of $495 and continue to use your exsiting AutoCAD license?
Need to upgrade you AutoCAD but want to own your license – consider BricsCAD- 100% dwg compatibiliy for only $650!
MapWorks is a treasure trove of tools that effectively manages large data sets while providing the cogo, surface, contour, alignment and profile functionality needed by most surveyors and many civil engineers.
It is not, however, a tool for the faint of heart. There are so many functions in MapWorks that they are often difficult to find. Not all are on the ribbon.
The user manual/help file, however, allowed me to find many of those hidden jewels. I am sure there are more to discover.
MapWorks gets 5 stars for functionality and 3 stars for ease of use. At $495 per license, surveyors will see an almost immediate ROI. Any user dealing with “outside” planning and design should have a license.
- Use this link to obtain a 30 day free trial of MapWorks.
- Use this link to obtain a free 30 day trial of BricsCAD.