- Civil 3D Users – Maximize Your Productivity and Save Money
- Most Civil/Survey Firms Are Not Well Served by Civil 3D
- Civil Site Design’s Satellite to Surface Feature is Amazingly Accurate!
- Is Your Land Development Desktop Getting Long in the Tooth?
- The Autodesk Rental Model May Result in Local Governments Wasting Money in the Future
- Value in Site Design Software = Productivity+ Ease of Use + Cost
- Civil 3D 2017 is not Backwards Compatible
- Small Civil Design Firms Can Dominate The Site Design Market!
- Save $6,825 Over 5 Years From the AutoCAD Rental Program!
- What Will You Do When Autodesk Abandons DWG?
Author Archives: Lance Maidlow
Smaller civil design firms will realize immediate productivity gains from Civil Site Design that will allow them to generate accurate designs quickly with minimal training. Continue reading
Like many software companies, Autodesk is moving to a software rental model. Although this approach is common for new cloud based solutions, will it be accepted by AutoCAD users who are accustomed to owning their desktop software? The chart below shows … Continue reading
The thought of Autodesk abandoning DWG never really occurred to me until I read Ralph Grabowski’s interview with Neil Peterson – President of the ODA (Open Design Alliance). The ODA is an organization of 1280 firms that support the development … Continue reading
A CAD engine independent subdivsion design application with integrated 3D visualization! Continue reading
Learn how a painting and restoration contractor used this free daily field report to generate a PDF file that is automatically emailed from the field to project managers and clients. Continue reading
While researching Advanced Road Design, I came across this 2007 post by Angel Espinoza. I’ve highlighted some of Angel’s key points in blue. I will be digging deeper into Advanced Road Design in future posts. This is software that is … Continue reading
Surveyors require a suite of tools that must be both powerful and easy to use. Typical tasks include: Loading survery data from standard formats Layout lots and quickly write legal descriptions Build surfaces and generate contours Import Esri SHP files … Continue reading