- Civil 3D Users – Maximize Your Productivity and Save Money
- Most Civil/Survey Firms Are Not Well Served by Civil 3D
- Civil Site Design’s Satellite to Surface Feature is Amazingly Accurate!
- Is Your Land Development Desktop Getting Long in the Tooth?
- The Autodesk Rental Model May Result in Local Governments Wasting Money in the Future
- Value in Site Design Software = Productivity+ Ease of Use + Cost
- Civil 3D 2017 is not Backwards Compatible
- Small Civil Design Firms Can Dominate The Site Design Market!
- Save $6,825 Over 5 Years From the AutoCAD Rental Program!
- What Will You Do When Autodesk Abandons DWG?
Category Archives: BricsCAD
Civil Site Design, originally written as a Civil 3D add-on for automated road design, is the one option that provides immediate real benefits including stability and design automation to Civil 3D users while providing a path to independence from the Autodesk rental program, if desired, for as little as $995. Continue reading
It is my belief that many of Autodesk’s Civil 3D users would be better served by smaller developers who are laser focused on the Civil/Survey market. Continue reading
Looking for a Land Development Desktop (LDD) replacement that does not require a Civil 3D? Stringer TOPO is a low cost, modern survey application that works with AutoCAD, BricsCAD and Civil 3D. Continue reading
Smaller civil design firms will realize immediate productivity gains from Civil Site Design that will allow them to generate accurate designs quickly with minimal training. Continue reading
Like many software companies, Autodesk is moving to a software rental model. Although this approach is common for new cloud based solutions, will it be accepted by AutoCAD users who are accustomed to owning their desktop software? The chart below shows … Continue reading
Surveyors require a suite of tools that must be both powerful and easy to use. Typical tasks include: Loading survery data from standard formats Layout lots and quickly write legal descriptions Build surfaces and generate contours Import Esri SHP files … Continue reading
AutoCAD Map is an extremely powerful tool supporting spatial projections, topology, thematic mapping and more. But it is expensive at $5245. I was searching for a low cost alternative that provides the most commonly used spatial data management features at … Continue reading